My 4yo Daughter is having fever meanwhile complaining headache. What should I look out for? I had brought her to see PD and was given paracetamol and Brufen. Nothing else

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is normal to have headache when we have fever so I think your girl's headache is likely just because of the fever. Observe for a few more days and bring back to PD if her temp doesn't go down and her headache doesn't go away.

Headache most likely due to the fever. How high is the fever? Sponge her multiple times. Also to ensure you keep her hydrated. Dehydration is usually the main concern.

Any other symptoms ? Runny nose ? Cough? How high is her fever so far? Do ensure that she gets plenty of fluids . Can give vit c to boost up her immunity in the meantime

7y ago

Thanks, no flu symptoms. That's y I worry. Is the headache that I worry about. Her fever can go up as high as 38.9, but today was slightly better. 38.5 interval of 6hrly. Thanks dear

VIP Member

how many days fever have it been? I would continue to monitor, if the pin persists, i would bring to the a&e

7y ago

Is just first day of fever but worrying is the complaint of headache. Brought her to see PD and now monitoring her.

VIP Member

if the headache is still very persistent and she seem very restless with it. please go to a&e