My 3 month's daughter is sucking her thumb all the time. What should I do?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi She is just 3 months old and I found not think you can do much right now as she is so small that she would not even gather that by taking out her hand from her mouth, you are implying not to do it. It is comforting for her to suck on her thumb when she iz not taking your feed or not latched. I guess let her be and when she starts understanding then do things to distract her from thumb suckling.

Read more

Hi, You can perhaps give her a pacifier to distract her. Since, she is very small, she would not understand even if you keep taking her hand out of mouth. And you cannot be around her 24/7 doing that. For sometime give her the pacifier and then wean it off, by that time, hope she forgets putting her thumb in mouth. :)

Read more

At this age the only thing u can do is to constantly remove her thumb from her mouth and distract her. Also, many babies start teething around this age, so if u think she is uncomfortable, please massage her gums with ur little finger to ease pain and swelling.

Whenever you saw her doing the same... say her NO and take her thumb out.... do this several times... May be this helps you.. I do same with my kid... 😊 and this really works.. 😀

Read more

My daughter started sucking her thumb wen she was 3 months and now she is 2yrs 3months and still is in d same habit. Tried many things bt in vain. Donno wat to do.😑

7y ago

that's why I'm worried about my daughter's habit