My 33 year old daughter wants to adopt a child and be a single parent instead of getting married and having a baby. How do I convince her to go my way? Tried and tested everything. ..any parents facing same problem as me?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

let me ask you the same question - a young, confident and grown-up mature woman wants to do something really good out of the love of her heart, she wants to give a little baby a home and love, instead of bringing in another baby to this world. What then is the 'problem' in this? If we consider 'your' way, being married and having a kid of your own biological merit is the best way to lead a life, is it? I'm afraid I will politely have to say that no, the problem is not with her, but with the mindset that you have. Your daughter is absolutely right and is a great example of a good and loving soul. Being married is no guarantee to happiness, else there would be no concept of a divorce or separation, or even unhappiness in a marriage. I would suggest you support her wholeheartedly and tell her that you are looking forward to be the grandparent - it is a big step for her too, so do be there for her!

Read more