Breast milk

3 weeks pp and I have been pumping every 3hrs. Till now my max yield is only 70ml but average is still 40-50ml. My bb is drinking 90ml now. Anyone facing the same issue and has tips to boost milk supply? šŸ„²

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi donā€™t worry i was like that too! my supply was very low at the start only 30ml per session but managed to increase to just nice or sometimes slightly more for bb now after trying for a few weeks. hereā€™s some stuff that helped me: 1. hydrate yourself! you need to be well hydrated in order to produce more milk, i was a bit dehydrated at first cos i donā€™t have a habit of drinking water but noticed my supply increased slightly after i started drinking more 2. power pump once or twice a day. i pump for 20 mins, break 10 mins, pump 10 mins, break 10 again & pump for a final 10 mins. continuing to pump even when thereā€™s no more milk tricks your body into thinking thereā€™s more demand so it will produce more next time. this really helped for me, but you have to do it regularly for quite awhile in order to see results. 3. get a lactation massage from a masseuse/ vibrating massager to help unclog the ducts to get the milk flowing. sometimes the milk is there, just that the ducts are clogged so no matter how you pump it doesnā€™t come out. esp so for areas at the sides where your pump might not be able to clear properly. 4. make sure your flange size is correct! if itā€™s too big or small it can affect how well your pump works my supply didnā€™t magically increase overnight after doing these either, i just kept trying and it slowly slowly increased bit by bit. it can feel very disheartening but hang in there you got this, it will get better eventually give it some time! any amount of breastmilk in the meantime is still better than nothing ā¤ļø

Read more

You can also try lactation supplements I highly recommend legendairy milk I used it for my second born and really increased my supply. Aside to that the person above has mentioned other tips like power pumping, and it also can help increase your supply.

its all about demand and supply. latch more. After latching can pump to give signal to produce more. Be consistent. Stay hydrated.