Spotting at 9 weeks plus

3 weeks ago, the gyane diagnosed me with a threatened miscarriage and I was given duphaston for 2 weeks consumptions. Cramps and spottings stopped. After about a week i finished taking it, i observed that i began spotting again and mild cramps observed. Went to AnE last night and was given duphaston again. They gyane prescribed me for another 2 weeks. Since today's morning I saw traces of brown blood while urinating. Some brown spotting on my pad. No cramps observed. Doc will review me again in a week's time. Now qn is, with all these spottings, should i be worried? Should I just wait for the next review? Ive read that brown spottings are quite normal. The pic is taken a while ago. This morning the traces of blood was similar i.e. brown but alot more. Like x3. Again, no cramps observed. This is my first pregnancy. Ive read alot saying brown or pink spotting si fine. So long no cramps or red blood observed. Went to KKH last month and they said just observed. Anybody has spotting in late first trimester? How long did u take duphaston? Please share your story. Tia! #advicepls #pregnancy #firstbaby

Spotting at 9 weeks plus
7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I had spotting at 12W but didn’t think much of it as there weren’t any cramps or pains. On the next day, I felt on-and-off bearable cramps in the afternoon which eventually disappeared after a while. There wasn’t any blood then. 2 days after, when I wiped after my first morning pee, there was brownish blood; the kind of spotting you have on your last days of menses. Again, no cramps. However, on our supposed detailed scan on 22 Dec, we found out that our baby had stopped growing after 7W and currently has no heartbeat... I found it hard to accept as I had 2 uncomplicated pregnancies for my 2 girls, but it did happen. 💔 Stay strong 💪🏽 As long as your scans show baby’s heartbeat, it should be ok. Take care!

Read more
3y ago

hugs to you 🤍🤍🤍 thank u for sharing your story. i had a scan last sat, doc couldn't hear the heartbeat. i was at 9 weeks. but the fetus was flickering on the scan ( at 6 weeks, a gynae said it was the heartbeat). so they decided to do another scan hoping to hear the heartbeat. im waiting for my next scan.