Brown discharge 12th week

On my 12th week day 4 now. I have brown light spotting discharge yesterday, size of a 20 cents coin. I usually have either white or yellow discharge, but yesterday brown discharge with no cramps or pain. I went down to KK A&E today and was prescribed with 200mg Utrogestan for 2 weeks and ultrasound scan was normal. Should I eat the Utrogestan immediately or should I continue to observe since I only got 1 day of brown spotting ? Is there any harmful side effect to the baby or myself in the long term for eating this pill?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi I bleed w red blood on wk 15 and was given utrogestan for 2 weeks. But no cramps. Luckily it was just that one night w red blood and subsequently like a week later got some black / brown discharge once. Supposed it’s old blood. Ate for two weeks. I’m now wk 23 and last scan all ok. Just monitor closely n finish e medicine shld be fine. If anything not right just go a&e immediately.

Read more

Uteogestan is like progestrone which helps to support the pregnancy. IVF ladies have been on similar pills after the transfer so is definitely safe. Mine is an IVF pregnancy and I have been taking similar pills in first trimester and im almost 19 weeks currently. Since it has been prescribed to you just start to take it.

Read more
Super Mum

Hi, I am currently taking utrogestan as well, been taking it for quite some time due to ivf. Still taking it now at 6 weeks. Utrogestan is a like a supplement for progesterone. No side effects from what I know, it can help reduce the risk of miscarriage.

2y ago

Me too. Duphaston first then Utrogestan.

Duphaston and Utrogestan are prescribed to support the pregnancy and reduce risk of misscarriage. It won’t affect the baby