My 2.5mth old boy sleeps for at least 4-5hrs after his evening feed which is usually between 6-7pm. As my maternity leave is ending soon, i am afraid that i wont get to see my boy from mon to fri since i leave the house at 7am (he may or may not be awake) and i sleep early at 10pm. He is on full FM and feeds every 3 hrs. Any solution to this?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

You don't do the night feeds? As of now, baby will still be in the sleepy stage, As they get older, they will be awake of longer times and you will be able to see him once you end work. Previously when i was working, my baby somehow will stay awake till im back (10pm) Once i am back, i will be cuddling him to sleep. and back to my mummy duties

Read more
7y ago

I will try to handle night feeds and sleeping with baby. i personally feel that bedtime is the time where they will bond the most. After i delivered my 2nd son, my elder son been sleeping w his grandparents. Even though i care for him during the night, but he is never close to me already. he always wants the night time caregiver. So try to do night duties if possible

if that's the case, then I'll try to catch him for his last fed. so that I can feed him and soothe him to sleep. worst case, if I really can manage maybe a few days in a week I'll try to feed him in the middle of the night just so that I can be with him.

what time do you reach home? in that case, maybe you can sleep later. if it was me, when I come home I'll spend time to feed him during his feed.

7y ago

i can reach hm by 7pm if no OT or bad traffic. i can sleep later but it is no guarantee that my boy will wake up before midnight. so i may end up staying up late for nothing.

If u need more time with baby during weekdays then u should take over night feeds that's how I feel

I don't quite understand your question. what solution are you asking for as in time spent with baby?

7y ago

yes, i am asking for solution that can allow me to spend a bit more time with him on weekdays when i return to work.

Meaning after 10pm u dun feed him yourself anymore ?

7y ago

yeah..