Covid and preschool

My 18mo is starting preschool next week in oct, in light of the current situation would u still send or delay if u had the choice? Honestly I feel that she is bored out of her mind at home, constantly wants to go out or just starts playing with things she's not supposed to. Don't get me wrong, she has toys, books, we entertain n engage with her as well but it seems to just not be sufficient anymore 😓 Was really looking forward to her starting school so that she can have more activities to do n make some friends n learn to talk as she still doesn't want to speak except when she sees my friends' kids talk then she'll try to copy etc but with the cases now, I feel so stuck in a dilemma 😕

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

Hi 👋🏻 there’s no right or wrong with any decision. It’s based on own comfort level n if it’s possible to do so. Personally I kept my child home since last 2 weeks n I don’t think I’ll let him return back to school that soon since I’m sahm so don’t see a point to risk his health. Yes in school they learn more as compared to home where teaching is minimal, but personally feel health is more important for now. Anyway luckily I didn’t send as coincidentally there was a confirm covid case in his school this week. 🤔

Read more
Super Mum

I personally could have kept my son at home during this period but have decided to send him to school instead. He benefits more from learning in a school environment. Do expect her to fall ill a number of times especially in the first 6 months. You may want to standby some ART kits just in case. Hang in there!

Read more

we have to live with Covid, life should go as per normal I've choice but I still send my boy to school cause he's learning with his teachers and friends there are things that we can't teach them at home ie interaction with people follow your heart, no right no wrong

Read more