Hi, my 15month LO started fresh cow's milk for the past few weeks & I notice she having hard time to poo & it's really hard poop. Question is does it means she is not suitable for cow's milk? Should I switch to FM or what's the alternative?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The problem of constipation developing right after changing from formula to whole cow's milk is a very common problem. To help get the stools soft again, limit the amount of milk baby drinks to no more than 16-24 ounces per day. Cows milk is not like formula or breastmilk, it is a supplement not the only source of food for baby.

Read more
8y ago

I don't think it's necessary. Just limit the cow milk intake and monitor :)

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-11460)

you could stick to max twice a day but should make sure yr LO drinks more water. preferable to switch back to formula though for more nutrients

8y ago

U can change the brand of the milk. Like for my daughter, I was using Similac but she also very hard to poo, so my pedi introduce Mamil and she poo as normal

VIP Member

Try give them some fruits that help with digestive like avocado, prunes, papaya etc. Give them sometimes to adapt to a new change.