7 Replies

Hi Mrs A, hope you feel better today. You need to understand, everyone including your HODs/Managers or whatever their titles are - we are all indispensable. The company would function even without us. But, your family, your husband, your friends, your baby in your tummy, can't do without you. You are not just a headcount to them. You are a sister/daughter/niece/aunt/wife/bestfriend and now, a vessel for the human growing in you. Pick your battles. A job, is just a job with financial benefits. But you're a life and now, you have a life within you, so prioritise YOURSELF. Fighting!

I feel you!!! Even my ex colleague got criticized by HR manager, saying she took alot of mc (she was pregnant at the time, HR Manager is already like 40-50++ years old, got child 😞). I felt thankful of my decision to quit work before finding out I was pregnant, otherwise I might get the same treatment from my company... 😭 My first trimester was one of the worst trimester I ever encountered, I kept vomiting, got diarrhea and headache.

Jiayous! It's always a little tougher during the first trimester, but things will get better. Sometimes we're a little more sensitive during pregnancy so everything feels unfair too. You can try getting hospitalization leave from your gynae (easier to get if you're under private). Join group chats with mums of similar EDD, it helps! :)

No choice. That's how corporates are like. Once baby is out your focus will shift to baby and you wont be bothered by how the workplace treatment. Everyday you will only think about the baby, what's he is doing and rushing home to look at the baby.

It’s tough especially in first trimester. Maybe if possible to take some unpaid leave to rest at home.

Ya me too. So I quit my job during first trim

Hang in there. It gets better :)

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles