My 1 year old started eating solids since 6 months old and he enjoyed it, but he is still teething and has sore and red gums, and he recently doesn't want to eat any solid food. He does drink his milk. Will he be getting enough nutrients from milk alone? Should I wait till his gums get better before I give him solids again?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi before one year old solids is not a replacement for milk and hence it is ok if they occasionally don't eat solids. However after one year old solids should start to be the staple food for them gradually. If he is having sore gums, you may wanna give him some comfort food like ABC soup or something softer or cooling like yoghurt? At least he still takes in some nutrients from solids. But if he really doesn't want to eat solids I think it is ok to skip for a few days rather than make him scared of eating.

Read more
8y ago

Spot on. I feel that he's scared, or totally not interested in eating. Thanks for the info. I'll have to make him interested in eating again. He's 13 months old by the way.