Concerns & hoping for some advice!

1) I’ll prolly be going for induction of labour. Currently at 37 weeks. Reason being - baby is too big. 2) as a first time mum, I really do not know how to push a baby out. Is this something that I should worry? And will it cause a negative impact on my baby should I not know how to push the baby out?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

What im going to tell you is to share with u my experience and not to scare u....i also had to be induced at 37 weeks cause my waterbag leaking and baby was 3.25kg.... in my case, they had to burst my waterbag and inserted a tablet to induce, i was admitted in the afternoon and only gave birth the next day late afternoon. Cause baby was big i was unable to push baby out so they had to cut my private area for the baby to be out. Also i had 2 epidurals by the time the baby was out i could already feel pain. I was a first time mum too and no idea on anything. My advice to you my love is that if doc say that baby is too big need to c sect than opt for c-sect. Always trust your doctors advice. Before you go and give birth make sure all your things are prepared at home and have your mother or mil to stay with you during this time, it will be very tiring so must hv extra pair of hands at home. Also buy those ice packs to be used at your vaginal area cant remember the name, very good to sooth the pain after birth. All the best my dear have a safe delivery.

Read more