Transverse baby at 37 Weeks

Hi mummies! First time mom here. My baby is transverse all along my pregnancy and was head down at Week 34/35. However, during my Week 37 appointment, my baby decided to be transverse again 🙃 Yes, I could feel her head at my left side 😂 I am doing all sorts of breech exercises currently before my appointment on 19 June. I have a scheduled c-section on 20 June. Just need an opinion on this. Should I: 1) Wait for labour to kick in and pray that my baby is head down then? To note: If still transverse, it is probably gonna be an emergency c-section. Another thing, my gynae warned me that once my water bag broke, do not waste time and rush to the hospital as there are risk of the cord harming the baby. 2) Scheduled a c-section on the next week (as honestly we are not prepared for the 20 June one), but my regular gynae will be on leave :/ I am aware that c-section’s recovery period is harder compared to normal vaginal birth. And an elective c-section is better than an emergency one cause your body is not going though contractions. I really, really need other mummies’ opinion on this as I have been a nervous wreck for the past few days 😭 #advice #firstmom #seriouslyasking

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! First of all, big hugs to you. It sounds like you've been through quite the rollercoaster. It’s completely understandable to be nervous, especially as a first-time mom. There are a couple of key things to consider here: 1. **Waiting for Labour**: It’s really a gamble. Babies can still turn even at the last minute, but if your baby remains transverse, it could result in an emergency c-section, which is generally more stressful and carries more risks than a planned one. Your gynae is right about the urgency if your water breaks, because the risk of cord prolapse is higher with a transverse baby. If you choose this option, be prepared to rush to the hospital at any sign of labor. 2. **Scheduling a C-Section**: While it's not ideal that your regular gynae will be on leave, another scheduled c-section may be the safer option. Scheduled c-sections tend to have a calmer environment, which can be better for both you and your baby. Recovery can be tough, but having it planned allows you to prepare yourself mentally and physically. As someone who has been through childbirth multiple times, I’d suggest leaning towards the scheduled c-section for peace of mind. The recovery might be challenging, but it’s manageable, especially when planned and supported by your loved ones. Plus, you’ll avoid the added stress of an emergency situation. Remember, whatever decision you make, it’s about what feels right for you and your baby. Trust your instincts and know that you're doing your best. Take care and wishing you a smooth delivery and recovery! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more
TapFluencer

i m a cs mom :)

3mo ago

Elective or emergency? How is your experience/recovery ? 😄