Maternity leave

Hi just wondering if ML have to start latest on the date that we give birth, what if I end work already then I give birth on the same day? Doesn’t make sense to start on the same day as I wld have already completed a day worth of work.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

ML will start on the day you give birth as per what MSF told me when I called in to confirm. I can’t confirm with you on the second part of your question tho… but I think this you need to check with your company instead if they will compensate you cause MSF will most probably follow birth records.

Maternity leave can start on your delivery date (Baby’s DOB) or even 4 weeks before your EDD. You can use the Maternity Leave calculator from MOM by simply answer questions from the calculator. https://www.mom.gov.sg/employment-practices/leave/maternity-leave/calculate-maternity-leave

Ml starts on the day your baby is born even if u have completed that day’s work from what i know. Try talking to your baby 😂 mine listened to me n didnt come out on national day 🤭

U shld consider to take a few days early before your EDD, so u cld avoid the unfairness u felt. Cus ML starts the day your child is born.

VIP Member

It’s always start on baby’s birth date

Aiyo is only one day, give and take la.

On the day baby’s born