wondering is baby bites or pigeon baby snacks (is the same as baby bites) good? Pigeon baby snacks do have calcium and normal baby bites dont. Thanks in advance.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Most packaged snacks have salt and sugar added to them as a natural preservative or to help the biscuit form its shape properly. I am one of those real strict mums when it comes to snacks, so I keep a close eye on the ingredients list all the time. As long as there's ingredients that I don't understand, I'd Google them immediately - and if there's things like E xxxx, those are automatically rejected in my radar as those are additives/artificial colouring/flavouring! These were the only two snacks that passed my radar, and following some from Wakodo (not all, only 2-3 types from their range) - but I later found out that there were some concerns with Baby Bites (known as Baby Mum Mum) overseas and the manufacturing company was the same so we stopped that ever since! My son doesn't really like snacks, so these were just emergency snacks in case he was hungry while we were travelling around - but he grew to love fresh fruits and bread even more so we did away with all snacks when he's 16 months old or so :)

Read more
Post reply image

Just to share, my friend recommended this brand -Wakodo- from Japan. http://www.agapebabies.com/agapebabies/brands/t-z/wakodo-japan.html Her baby loves the crackers. You can consider this as well. :)

Read more

Yes. Had tried both brands and my kids prefer pigeon. Taste superb too. Stated pigeon ones hv calcium and thus taste wise is better.

Read more
8y ago

No problem Pigeon ones are also availvle at Kiddy Palace

I notice there are salt N sugar included in the ingredients of pigeon biscuits, is it safe ? Thks babes

8y ago

how do you know they have salt and sugar? i thought babies food doesnt contain salt and sugar? hahaa. i also dontknow. sorry.

Is this the same pigeon u've bought?

Post reply image

Saw it in the ingredients list

Post reply image
8y ago

Some salt is inevitable but this seems high "As a rough guide, food containing more than 0.6g of sodium per 100g is considered to be high in salt. " http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/824.aspx?CategoryID=51 Sigh my pigeon stuff were gifts I didn't feel comfortable rejecting

Kinda worried now

8y ago

ya since now you said, im also worried and might not want to buy already. cos i saw calcium in it.