Can we do without a confinement nanny? Please share if I missed out any consideration?

Can we do without a confinement nanny? Both my mom and mother in law are willing to help out with the baby during confinement. For confinement meals, we hope to order confinement meals. We are considering not have hire a confinement nanny as we are uncomfortable with someone else handling the baby and staying with us. What are some consideration before we decide to hire a nanny or not? Thanks for any input and advice!

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For me, I cannot do without a confinement nanny. Mum/MIL can help out, but what about night duties? Moreover, they are older folks, the physical strength and energy to take care of newborn is no joke. And what if halfway they give up and leave me all alone to take care of baby? Also, I want to rest at night so I want the nanny to be there. Nanny can teach you things about baby (ie: bath, recognising day and night, lengthen milk feed). Also, confinement meal & meal Cook by is different. I ordered the confinement meal before and feel is not as good. Ultimately it’s ur choice &’comfort level too

Read more