23 Replies

Hi I'm fully vaccinated on my second trimester around week 24. I'm now 36 weeks and so far pregnancy goes well. It is a very personal choice to get vaccinated. For me the main driver was I want to protect myself and the baby as much as I can while live more 'normally' (e.g., being able to go out and work with less worry etc.). My gynae was also very supportive on this. With the recent surge of covid cases and the more available data and information on the vaccine, I knew several pregnant ladies who used to decide not to get vaccinated, get one now in their third trimester.

I decided to be vaccinated at my 2nd trim because of the rising case and it worries me if I get infected as the effect would be worst for preggy ladies. Tbh, I was scared how it will affect my pregnancy, but after reading more about it (& how frontliners preggy ladies have to be vaxx & are ok too) I decided to take. Ur baby will also receive some of the antibody too! So far side affects were sore arms and fever that lasted for a day and felt fatigue that I slept the whole day. I recover fast and my baby is growing well inside me. I’m now at my 3rd trim. 🥰

I got my first jab at W17 and second at W20. I hesitated at the beginning because there weren't research specifically for pregnant women, and SG numbers were well managed. There's research numbers avail now, and with the current situation I think it is much more likely that I or a family member will be infected by Covid before I deliver. I would rather have a safe delivery and live, than take the risk of being unvac on the worry that an entire generation of kids gets a hidden long term side effect from the vaccine.

I had this decision to make since week 13. My family are all either working in high risk environment or they travel around alot. Cases getting higher too. Wanted to deliver than get vaccinated but weighing down all the possibilities, and getting covid while pregnant without being vaccinated is worst so i decided to get my first jab last week when i had my detailed scan, 22week, and know that baby is in a healthy range and stable. Next jab in 2 weeks time. Hopefully all goes well! My jab was pfizer.

Heyy I just got my 1st jab y'day at 15 weeks! like you, I was very hesitant about taking the vax and was considering waiting till delivery but with the recent rising cases and restrictions, I decided to go ahead with the vac. the risk of pregnant women getting infected is really high and I didn't want to put myself and baby through it. you can take the vax in your 2nd trimester! all the best

Hi, i decided took 1jab on 24week, with a thought baby organ has been develop. Its true, not an easy decision, but current situation & covid measure from gov will keep push us to go Vaccine. We nvr know what kind a thing gov will decide again in the future. So far, read all info, community comment here, medical journal & else, covid Vaccine able help for mum & baby more..

I'm 25 weeks now. i wanted to wait till i deliver before i took the vaccine, but given the rising cases i also felt pressured to take while pregnant :( my gynae advised me to wait till I'm 30 weeks to take (she feels that's the least risky time given that my fear is the vaccine may trigger miscarriage). so I'm planning to take my first jab 5 weeks from now.

I took my first Jab on week 37. Is was super late. All are good except sore arm for one day. I also hesitated for super long as you can see. But gov implemented so many rules and my gynae also strongly encourage me as in case during delivery, if me or bb got covid, will be more dangerous. Hence it's better to take the vaccine. But only vaccine after 2nd tri

I took at w13 and 17. Gynae recommended me to take in the second trimester. I’m glad I did though. Feel alot less anxious about going out in public, and also glad that I can pass on antibodies to the baby. Unfortunately I won’t be able to take the booster before baby is born but if I could i definitely would so that he can get maximum protection.

I was alrd vaccinated with 2 doses. Suddenly gov suggested to take 3rd booster. I'm currently 20 weeks. Seeing my obs, she even suggested me to take more vaccines on top of the booster. Flu jab and Tdap jab. I didn't knw being pregnant got alot of jabs to take. I took all shots one week apart. I feel fine so far. Baby also growing well.

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles