Covid Vaccination

With the new covid measures introduced today that prevents unvaccinated to go to work from Jan 1 next year, I wonder what is the portion of pregnant women in SG are vaccinated. I am in week 14 and currently unvaccinated. It’s not a easy decision. Please comment thank you!

23 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was fully vaccinated at 29weeks(Pfizer). 1st dose: sore arm, vomiting and no appetite to eat 2nd dose: sore arm, fever that lasts for 1-2 days, vomiting and no appetite for 4-6days? Now i’m on my 35week day 5. I know it’s not an easy choice to make but… Do get yourself vaccinated mummy, to protect you and baby 🥰💪🏻

Read more

I had my first jab in my first month of pregnancy and second jab in the second month. I didn’t know I was pregnant then and my symptoms were the same with arm sore for both jabs and fever for the second jab that went away by itself after resting for a whole day afterwards. I also drank coconut water to keep my body cool.

Read more
3y ago

me too, I missed my period when I got my first jab, and was waiting for my first gynae appointment on my second. the symptoms are the same as every other person.

I wasn’t vaccinated until I delivered recently. Just got my first jab one week ago. Despite many people were telling me it is safe to get it during pregnancy, yet based on my situation which I wfh and do not have to travel by public transport, I chose to have it after delivery. It is just me, having trust issue. 😂

Read more

I took my first jab at week 14 and later at 16. There’s the usual side efforts from the jab. My decision to take is because the risk of exposure to covid and in the event of getting covid, the dangers are much higher than getting a vaccine. My 20 weeks scan was ok. Hope this helps.

Hi! I got my first jab when I didn’t know I was pregnant either. I delayed my second jab to week 14 based on my gynae’s recommendation. She said after week 12-14 to be safe. Short term Side effects were manageable. All the best with the decision! Not easy at all.

i got my first jab in jul, didnt know i was pregnant. second jab after gynae cleared at 14weeks. its impt to keep urself vaccinated as alot of shown the risks of bring unvaccinated. hope u make ghe decision soon and stay safe!!

I will only get vaccinated after deliver my baby.. just personal preference… currently at week 35 now… by Jan 22 i will be on maternity leave… so it doesnt affect me… im planning to take the vaccination in Dec21

hey,I just took my first jab at wk 36…!this sounds crazy for me too as a first time mom and the new Jan restriction is not helping. struggled alot but I took Pfizer today

2nd vaccination in my week 26. Only feel slightly tired on both vaccinations. My gynae told me if caught with covid 19. Consequences such as preterm might even be worse.

Fully vaccinated before pregnancy and gynae gave the go ahead for the booster shot. He was supportive of it. I'm in my 2nd trimester now