No dining in while unvaccinated

I'm in my week 19 and unvaccinated as I chose not to till after giving birth. My MIL keeps wanting me to use a screenshot of her fully vaccinated Tracetogther status to enter restaurants to eat with the family. I'm worried about the legality implications should I get caught (preggies look more suss in this situation) and also worried about getting covid as well. What should I do...

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The measures are in place to protect you; vaccinated people can still spread covid in an high risk environment like a restaurant. Your MIL is being irresponsible, there are so many unlinked cases everyday why does she want you to put yourself at risk for cheap thrills. Besides, this puts the restaurant owners and their livelihood at risk if they had a security lapse and let you in, they've had a really hard year. You're doing the responsible thing for yourself and others by standing your ground! 👍

Read more

Don't do it. Imagine the embarrassment if you were to get caught. And I believe a lot more restaurants are stricter on the checks now as this screenshot trick is quite widely known. If you managed to slip through but get caught by any authorities spot check, not only are you legally liable, but may cause the restaurant trouble too. Plus, safety sake, if you are unvaccinated, best to avoid mask-off venues. Not sure why your MIL will even suggest this. Family gatherings can always be held at home.

Read more

Am trying to not get the jabs as well but it seems like an uphill journey. i try to reduce interactions as i know am more vulnerable. but we need some activities too. personally dont think u should fake your status due to the implications mentioned by others. not sure if it helps but would feedback to moh that theres also this minority that needs to be considered. i hope rules would be more relaxed when cases are reduced (fat chance but one could only dream). Good luck!!

Read more

if i were you, I'll ask my husband to sort of reject this idea. ultimately is her son, whatever he says will have less adverse effect. Tell your husband about your worries and ask him to put it in a nice way or jokes to politely say no to your MIL. cause if is my MIL, i think if i reply firmly saying no... confirm will have some sort of bad blood 😬 time to push your husband to the edge first.

Read more

Be responsible and firm to tell her no. By eating outside you are putting yourself and baby at risk too, I’m sure your MIL won’t want both of you to come to harm. Since you have decided not to be vaccinated, then I think should stay home as much as possible and I don’t think a family dinner is so important that you have to risk it. 🙂 sometimes maybe easier for your husband to say also…

Read more
Super Mum

Hey mama, Your worries are valid. You’re being a responsible citizen by abiding by the rules. Honestly, I wouldn’t risk it either. Tell your MIL you made a choice and you’d like to live by that choice. I’m really proud of you for standing your ground and making that decision for yourself. Stay strong mama!

Read more

I totally understand you, I am 16 weeks and I chose not to vaccinate till after giving birth. and some of my family members told me to use screenshot of theirs as well. But we know it's not right so don't follow your mil. and best not to eat out even hawker centres as much as possible for the safety of the baby.

Read more

Listen to your worries. We should be responsible to ourselves as well as the public during such period. Tell her that people are getting caught using screenshot & it doesn't do any one good to behave in such a way whereby what if another waves hits us again.

VIP Member

You are doing the right thing by not going and not cheating. Tell her it is against the law to screenprint to "cheat". You can get caught and fine. Why take the risk. can always da bao home and eat tgt! You are being a responsible mummy and person!

stand your ground. Family dinner could happen at home too and if she doesn't cook, there is always delivery services. It's not just about the breaching of law, it also speaks about you and your baby's safety when you dine out unvaccinated.