With about 4 weeks left of your maternity leave, when applying for new jobs and going for interview, will you let them know you are still on maternity leave or just inform on your standard notice period? Thanks.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You cannot use your ML to offset your notice period. My colleague tendered with HR the day she is suppose to be back and request for immediate release. Company agreed and release her she dont waste her time serving notice, the company save 1 month too

you can actually tender DURING ur maternity leave. Since you are already left with 4 weeks, just tender. By the time your ML ends, you can just go over to the new company

7y ago

Does this mean I can use my ML as my notice period? I know offset (make it shorter) cannot; but can use ML Rigjt?

VIP Member

i will tell them when is my matenity leave ending and my notice period. so they can anticipate the official date of me going over to the new company

Do note that if you tender during your ML you might not get the maternity leave salary. Do check with your HR on this before you tender during ML.