csection

my wife is freaking out. she has gestational diabetes which is very hard to control despite not eating white rice and sugary drinks. she recently loss her appetite at 32 weeks. she vomitted out all the brown rice and couldnt swallow healthy food. all she could eat was noodle soup, fruits and sandwiches. once a week will have milo. despite all that her numbers are still high. she is so scared of having to get a csection. she fears shes unable to move much cannot bath baby cannot breastfeed or bond w baby as much during the first few important days. is that true? 1) uncontrollable GD will end up in csection? 2) mothers who had csection will not have that bond w baby and will need to rely on others to bath or feed baby during the first few days?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Though I don’t have GD during my pregnancy, but I had emergency c-sec... suppose to induce at 40w but when we self admitted at the hospital, I had sudden high fever two hours after self admitted, hence were advised to go for emergency c-sec... so I believe not all GD will go through c-sec... and not all planned natural birth worn go through (emergency) c-sec... tru to relax and follow Gynae advises accordingly as he/she knows your wife pregnancy well.. 2) I had emergency c-sec, still able to breastfeed my newborn since the first day and throughout (exclusive direct latch all the way) till she was 15 months.. Never used bottle feed. During confinement, Hubby helped to bath our newborn. We take turn to change her diapers but hubby helped the most during confinement, so I can have minimum movement. It hurts but it won’t hinder Mummy from bonding and breastfeeding newborn :) Try to help your wife as much as possible during the first few months (except breastfeeding 😁), with lots of rest and proper diet, she will heal fast 😊

Read more

Last week I had emergency csec too. I was worried unable to move and scare of pain. But the pain still bearable after 1vweek without painkiller, only the first few days very very painful, rest on bed most of the time but upper body still able to move and breast feed my baby. In fact after 2 days Gynae will ask the patient to walk abit in the room to prevent blood clots. Hubby play very impt role during this period. He help me most of the household and take care of baby shower and changing diaper while i jus lay on the bed and feed my baby. If u scare u cannot manage the baby and household alone, maybe u can consider getting maid/nanny.

Read more

Hi i also got GDM when i was pregnant. We planned for a csect as i am more scared of my baby having shoulder dystocia. I must admitted i was scared also. I was able to latch my baby at the hospital and breastfed at home. Bonding wise every day i get to bond with my baby. I took the pain medication prior to bathing the baby. Hope this can help you and ur wife.

Read more
VIP Member

Hi. I had GD and was induced at 37 plus 2 weeks. It doesn't necessarily end up with a csect. Fruits has sugar and sandwiches are bad carbs. Mind sharing with me her readings? Like usually before meal and after meal? And is she taking insulin or metformin?

Er noodle soup fruits and sandwiches will cause high sugar. Eat more protein no carbs NO Milo at all if u really want Low numbers. I ate only western food like salad chicken chop with vegetable sides only

Can try to do short walks before and after meals, if not trying this yet. I tink this is good for sugar level

TapFluencer

I had an emergency csec and could still bf baby from day 1. :)