Why is everyone saying that having the epidural injection is not painful and it's not suppose to be? I had an emer csect and i think what makes it traumatising was the part where they injected the epidural, no words can describe the pain. I was whimpering and crying in pain, i can't even curse because it was THAT painful.

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I didn’t feel pain or having any feelings because when the anesthetist came, the nurse put on the laughing gas for me (perhaps the anesthetist told the nurse to do so) before she starts with the epidural injection.

VIP Member

Anesthesiologist is impt.. Some r so experience u wont feel pain or less pain. Maybe coz its emergency csec, so not much time also? Reat well now.. I hope u don't get traumatised

VIP Member

Think its nt the same for everybody. I didnt feel pain cos the contractions were worst. Way way way way worst

Hi, Thanks for sharing. The pain tolerance levels vary from person to person. Hence Anesthesia is important

Super Mum

The anesthesiologist who administer the epidural makes a difference too. Mine was so funny and calm.

Super Mum

Not pain for me because I can only feel the contraction pain. Can't feel any other pain.

VIP Member

It was not painful for me too but I guess everyone goes through a different ordeal

Super Mum

I feel pain when the needle was injected as I have very low tolerance for pain :(

VIP Member

I think because everyone have diff pain tolerance.

I think pain tolerance differs for everybody