Frustrated with elders on feeding LO solids

Why all the elders have all sorts of funny ideas when comes to feeding LO solids? My parents and MIL kept telling me to add salt or soy sauce into his food, and kept saying the reason that he don’t like to eat food is because there’s no seasoning. Feeding LO is already very stressful, and have to deal with all of their salt and soy sauce nonsense is even more frustrating!!

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I just brush them off by saying baby is mine and I know what I’m doing. Happening to me now that my mum and MIL kept pushing to give formula milk to my babygirl since she was a few weeks old. I can foresee the same will happen when she starts eating solid food 😅 It’s definitely stressful and very frustrating, but try your best to brush it off if explaining to them doesn’t work.

Read more
Super Mum

probably can tell them how too much salt and soy sauce is not good for elderly, it's the same for babies. babies kidneys are not well developed yet and too much of those can lead to future health problems

It's like that... my MIL takes care of lo on some days and i tried the porridge once. its so salty (soy sauce added) 😭

Tell them it’s unnecessary natural is best I didn’t even introduce salt or any seasoning till he was past 2 years!

TapFluencer

it's normal you use white baits powder and cook a portion for them that's how I shut them up