Why my baby has blue vein on nasal bridge? Is it normal?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

How old is your LO? It may be a Sugar Bug Sugar Bug babies may cry more,and/or have more issues with sleep. These children have a propensity to more temper tantrums and potentially attention and hyperactivity issues when they get older if proper care is not taken to divert this tendency along the way. But there is definitely no need to panic What you can do: Limit your child’s consumption of sugar (especially processed candy, cakes, and other sweets), but also monitor ‘natural’ sweets like honey, maple syrup, agave and even fruit. Fruit juice is just as sugary as a candy bar and should be avoided. Foods that quickly turn into sugar in the body such as bread, pasta, rice, and potatoes should be consumed only in moderation. Create clear boundaries and routines for a Sugar Bug baby/child. These children should have consistent rhythm to their day with meals, snacks, bath, and bed time occurring like clockwork as much as possible. Sugar Bug babies should not stay up late or skip naps. Mellow out – Sugar Bug kids do not need extra stimulation, so limit the amount of beeping toys, flashing lights, TV shows, loud parties, and other overwhelming stimuli that he/she is exposed to. Load up on nutrients – A nutrient dense diet is essential for Sugar Bug babies. Essential fatty acids from fish (in our house we use this fermented cod liver oil), B vitamins, amino acids, and zinc are all important brain foods that will reduce the propensity for ADD/ADHD down the road. Whenever possible provide these nutrients from real food. Here are some tricks on getting the kids to take fermented cod liver oil. Tune in – Make a mental note when your child has challenges. If melt-downs tend to follow a particular food, skip it for awhile. If he/she seems to be getting cranky in the afternoons, make bedtime earlier. Around the age of 4 or 5 most blue veins on the nose bridge will fade, but your child may still be sensitive to sugar and over-stimulation.

Read more

Agree with Jaslyn Chong. Mine has a blue vein on his nose too, I looked it up and found out it's sugar bug, which is sensitivity to sugar. Google it for more info.

I have the same question too but my baby's obvious blue vein is on the eyelid!!