12 Replies

Hey there! It's totally normal to have questions about caffeine during pregnancy. Some moms-to-be wonder if it's safe to have their morning cup of coffee or tea. The truth is, many pregnant women still enjoy a bit of caffeine, but it's all about moderation. You see, caffeine can cross the placenta and reach your baby, so it's essential to keep tabs on how much you're having. Experts recommend sticking to about 200 milligrams of caffeine a day during pregnancy, which is roughly one 12-ounce cup of coffee. But remember, caffeine isn't just in coffee; it's also in tea, soda, and even chocolate. If you're worried about your caffeine intake, you can always opt for decaf versions of your favorite drinks or switch to herbal teas, which are caffeine-free. Another idea is to gradually cut back on your caffeine intake to reduce any potential risks. And don't forget to chat with your doctor about your caffeine consumption. They can give you personalized advice based on your health and pregnancy. So, if you're craving that cup of joe, go ahead and enjoy it, just in moderation! https://invl.io/cll6she

Pre preg I take 2 cups a day, now I’ve reduced it to a few sips of coffee when I do take it on days when I really need it. Not sure how much is 200mg and how much is the limit for one cup (in ml). Sometimes I do take Chinese tea ( also a few sips) on the same day I take my coffee 😛

I ordered Java Chips Frappe and the Starbucks worker die die told me I couldn't drink it with caffeine and ordered his staff to make it without caffeine 😂 I drink tea once every few days. Don't worry, A lil bit of caffeine once in a while is fine! My baby came out OK 😊

I drank Starbucks Caramel Frappucino a few times, only once was decaf.. In office, i have my coke zero as well and i have to admit i can go beyond 2 cans limit on some days 🫣

I avoided coffee throughout but still drink tea regularly. Generally, tea is lower in caffeine. Just don’t exceed the daily limit of 200mg will do!

My gynae advised against taking caffeine during first tri so I just followed. Later on then I would drink minimally! Occasional bubble tea, matcha

My gynae insisted that I should avoid coffee, only a cup per day if I must. So I only took one or two sips every time I craved for it

I drank after 5 months of pregnancy and limited to 2 cups per week between coffee and tea.

Meeeee everyday 1 cup, baby still came out rosey

TapFluencer

me ! 2nd tri onwards. one cup in the morning..

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles