tummy time

At which month can we start tummy time for babies?

24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

As soon as they are born! We probably started after a few weeks but very gently. At first just laying the baby on our chest while leaning back on the bed. Then baby can try to lift their head and they control if they want to or not. Just one way, there are lots of ideas out there!

Aim for around 20 to 30 minutes a day of baby tummy time by the time he is 3 or 4 months old. Then keep the practice up until baby can roll over on his own, a feat many babies accomplish around 6 or 7 months of age.

VIP Member

i read that tummy time can start from birth but I didn’t know how to start as baby is sleepy. I started officially after 1 month.

VIP Member

I started once my baby showed signs of lifting his head. About 3weeks old. Tummy time can be as short as 1min to 5mins.

We actually started since 2 weeks old. The duration is not too long maybe few seconds. This can gradually be increased

VIP Member

Hi... you might find this article informative https://sg.theasianparent.com/tummy-time-for-baby-basics

VIP Member

After 3 months u can start tummy time for ur lo. I started mine around the same timing.

VIP Member

I started my bb tummy time abt 2 to 3 weeks. Of course with support.

Super Mum

Can start anytime you want. Start by placing baby on your chest

TapFluencer

I started when nb all the way. My bb have very strong neck now.