Starting to give eggs

At which month should I start to let my LO to try eggs and how should go about to do it? FTM here. Thanks for your help in advance.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Give as early as you can because is a common allergen, especially if there is family history of egg allergy. Make sure it cook through. I give mine hard boiled egg at 5 months old after establishing that he is able to start solid safely. Try giving your LO the egg white and yolk on separate days if on first try you suspect your LO is allergic.

Read more
7mo ago

I gave mine few days straight because I am that rare soul that was allergy to egg white when I was a child. If there is no family history of egg allergies, then just give either one first for maybe 3 days straight each meal. Don’t be afraid to try. Remember if giving food that is an allergen just have a “cool off” period of about 2-3 days before introducing next allergen. 💕

gave my baby at 6 months, unfortunately came up w diaper rash (usually right away aft pooping); tried again 8 months then now 12 months - only gave small amounts. can eat eggs that are mixed in cakes etc, but not big amount of literal egg. will keep trying tho! :) glad she doesn't show major signs of allergy, just diaper rash.

Read more

by the time they have solid foods they can eat eggs... but watch out for allergic reactiion. mine threw up a couple of times

We started at around 7mo. Started with half egg yolk and slowly moved on to one whole egg.

I gave steamed eggs at 6m+.. You can offer then observe if there’s any allergy.

👍

👍

👍