When teething is it normal for toddlers to want to bite people / things very hard, and sometimes till slight gum bleeding? Is the slight bleeding a big concern?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes, teething time they will want to bite on anything they can grab hold when they are at baby stage. How old is your toddler? Bleeding gums is normal as the gum tissue is very tender. If bleeding is a lot, then you may need to visit the dentist to check whether it is an inflammation.

Read more

Yes it is normal. I really dislike the teething phase. Im sure im not the only one. They will bite and whine and etc. The way that they know to cope. Offer him something cold to bite, distract him and soothe him as much as possible.

Ouch! sounds painful. I think you will need to tell him not to bite you. Get him his teething toys and perhaps give it to him while changing diapers to avoid him from biting you. Take care mummy!

VIP Member

Of course the baby will bite to make itself more comfortable and ease the pain. My dentist suggested to give my baby a frozen carrot to munch on and it worked really well for my baby.

Omg..your toddler bite you till bleed when he is happy... Haha. Must really tell him don't ever do that to you. So painful.

Toddler is 2... Got bitten by him real hard til I bleed too when changing diaper