When should you visit the PD / hospital when 6-month old baby has a fever? My angel has been running a 38-38.5 degree fever for a few hours now. I have sponged her, fed her milk and used a kool fever patch. I have paracetamol for baby at home (from her vaccination). Should I give her that?

Post image
6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

38deg is high for baby. Try not to place the fever patch on the forehead. It will attract all the heat there. Instead place behind the neck, back, armpit. Old traditional method that works and get the heat out quickly besides showering in cool water (not ice cold just normal running water), is to mix a handful of tamarind in water and in a a shampooing technique spread on the hair and lather on the whole body eapecially where the heat generates/ gets out from. Leave say for a minute and shower. Becareful not to touch the eyes. You won't want another hassle. The natural remedies from the tamarind sucks the heat away. Try several times. Otherwise see the Doctor. You wouldn't want to cause Brain damage when it started to eccelerate to 39degree and 40degrees is emergency dear.

Read more
8y ago

from my PD advice, you can give paracetamol. only if yours has prescribe. but at 6 months. i always wait on the drugs. breastmilk always comes first if you are still feeding.