seeing a gynae

When should you book to see a gynae after testing positive? 2 weeks from ur period due date? Or how many weeks frm period due date? Tia!

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

First appt with gynae at about week 8 is better, cos during week 8 the gynae can do a scan and see the fetus. Earlier than week 8 may not be able to see anything. Unless there's pain or complications , and depends on gynae, usually gynae prefer to see u at week 8. And even at week 8, gynae can only do a scan to see a fetus with beating heart. The other scans and test can only be done at week 12.

Read more

Took a blood test from normal GP the next day after urine test at home and found out HCG level is considered low base on LMP calculation, so quickly booked and see a gynae 4 days later to do a thorough scan to check if everything is ok. I was 5w pregnant when over first appt with my gynae. Can’t see anything much back then but at least I was assured.

Read more
Super Mum

Congrats! Just give a gynae a call and usually the nurse will tell u when to see gynae. Usually 7-8 weeks? Unless u want to see earlier, Also possible

VIP Member

I went about 2 to 3 weeks after my period is due. That is of course after my own pregnancy test.

8 weeks from the start of your last period. There should be a heartbeat by that time.

I booked mine a few days after my positive home test. Got to see him within a week

About 1 month after your last period date, fetal will be around 5-6 weeks then.

TapFluencer

After I got my positive test (2weeks after period due), I got an appointment.

VIP Member

6 to 8 weeks shld be a good 1st time to see gynae.

As soon as possible to confirm pregnancy. :)