When will my periods start again after pregnancy? I wish to do baby-led weaning. But not sure when should I plan to have 2nd one? *sorry let me clarify here. I'm breastfeeding mummy. Wish my kid self-wean - let her to decide stop nursing. Feel a bit struggle here as I heard that you won't conceive until u stop breastfeeding. Is it true? Thx

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It depends on individual when will your mense resume after giving birth. I have friends who got back their mense right after baby turns 2/3 months old. For my no.1, I got back my mense only after she turns 2.5 years old because I full latched my baby. I have been trying for 2nd baby since she turns 1 year old however due to no mense it was quite hard for me to conceive. I conceived my no.2 after 1 cycle of mense. However, it is not impossible to conceive during breastfeeding and without mense. I do not have mense when I conceive my no.3 (no.2 was about 2 years old). Your body will know when is the best time to conceive 2nd baby. On average, as shown in the chart, most of the women got back their mense when baby is around 12-24months old.

Read more
Post reply image