When will my periods start again after pregnancy? I wish to do baby-led weaning. But not sure when should I plan to have 2nd one? *sorry let me clarify here. I'm breastfeeding mummy. Wish my kid self-wean - let her to decide stop nursing. Feel a bit struggle here as I heard that you won't conceive until u stop breastfeeding. Is it true? Thx

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Sorry, but what has baby-led weaning got to do with periods and family planning...? Baby-led weaning takes a lot of patience and restraint to let the baby explore on her own rather than spoon-feeding puree directly. As for periods, no one can tell. It is said that breastfeeding mothers get their periods later, but mine came around 5 months PP. For your 2nd baby, it is really up to you, but the recommended time is 18 months for the mother's body to fully recover from pregnancy. http://www.babycentre.co.uk/x555984/what-age-gap-is-best-between-babies

Read more
8y ago

When they first start BLW, which is what this mom is currently thinking of doing, milk feeds should not be stopped. It is only until they are able to actually ingest the solids that milk feeds start to gradually decrease. For babies with no teeth