When can babies start eating eggs?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can give your baby eggs from six months, but it is best to make sure that they're fully cooked. You can scramble, poach, boil, or fry eggs for your baby, or share an omelette with him. See what your baby likes best. The important thing is to make sure that the egg is thoroughly cooked until both the yolk and white are solid. You can also give your baby foods containing cooked egg, such as custard. It's best not to give your baby raw eggs or lightly cooked eggs. Under-cooked eggs may contain salmonella bacteria, which can cause food poisoning. Also steer clear of any foods containing raw egg, such as mousses, homemade ice cream and homemade mayonnaise. If you're making a cake, don't be tempted to let your baby lick the spoon. A small number of babies are allergic to egg, but about half of these babies grow out of the allergy by the time they are three years old. When you give egg to your baby for the first time, just give him a mouthful or two to be on the safe side. Give it separately to other foods that can cause allergies, such as peanut butter, cow’s milk and fish. That way you will be able to tell if the egg causes a reaction.

Read more

You can start introducing eggs to a baby after he/she is six months old. As a start, just offer one or two spoons of fully cooked egg. Watch out for any allergic reactions, which include: - swelling - hives - itchy, watery eyes - itchy or runny nose When my friend started giving her daughter egg, it was when her daughter was seven months old. She gave her baby a small bite of the omelet that she was eating. The next day, she shared a little bit of her hard boiled egg with her daughter. Her baby clearly enjoyed it and wanted more. She was very glad that her baby did not display any allergic reactions because egg is a very nutritious food and is something that is very easy to prepare.

Read more

My doctor told me to start egg yolks little by little from 8 months until baby can take a full yolk then after 9 months, start on the whites little by little until baby can eat all the whites then start mixing both until baby can eat one full egg. When starting to introduced, they recommended giving full boiled eggs until they can eat one full egg then start to cook it in different ways. You can mix the boiled egg into their porridge or puree.

Read more

I read that eggs whites are one of the major allergy-triggering foods, best to avoid introducing them to your baby until 12 months but you can try introducing egg yolks at around 9 months. Always make sure the eggs are fully cooked - fried, scrambled, hard boiled etc.

I have started giving my eggs at 8months old. Though it is recommended to start after a year old. Remember to wait the 3days theory for any allergic reaction.

On her 6th or 7th month. Make sure it's hard boiled especially the yolk. Raw eggs can be a nasty source of salmonella.

We started feeding our baby with egg when she was 7 months old. We started giving her egg yolks.

thanks