Tv with baby in the room

What’s your stand on watching tv with a baby in the same room? When did you start watching tv with the baby around? Do you pick the shows so that the baby doesn’t pick up any negative wording or picture? Are you worry about the TV radiation and blue light? Please share your thoughts. Thank you.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Since 2-3 months old cause I live with the in-laws when she’s younger. My fil watches tv all the time but I will instruct them to face baby towards them instead of the tv while they are watching. Around 10 months old, I let her watch Ms Rachel and YouTube kids when she’s 1 year old. I introduced screen time early as I’m the main caregiver (she doesn’t goes to school) and I need to get things done while watching her. As of now (18months), she picks her own videos on youtube kids (usually youtube kids shows the recommendation of what she usually watch, so it’s usually the same old videos). So far no negative videos on the app and she doesn’t know how to press to other app. Most of the time halfway thru she will leave the videos on then go and play her toys while listening. She can follow hand signs shown and sing along some of the songs as well. Learnt her mummy and daddy from YouTube too 😅. (I find it awkward to call myself mummy so I didn’t teach her how to call mummy.) No. Because one way or another, radiation is everywhere. Unless you can do without mobile phones, tv, electrical devices which is highly impossible. But I’m also more chillax and lazy kind of parent (I don’t bother to read too much on stuffs like these).

Read more
10mo ago

Thanks for sharing :)