What's your favourite book of all time?

30 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Most favourite book of all time is hard to pick. I was crazy about Beatrix Potter's Peter Rabbit and Enid Blyton's Amelia Jane when I was younger. Classics such as The Secret Garden, Treasure Island and Robinson Crusoe still fill me with a sense of adventure. The Little Prince is an all-time favourite. The Dark is Rising is an amazing series that I continue to re-read every christmas till this day. The book that I loved reading to my daughter: The Little Engine That Could, Harold and the Purple Crayon, all of Shel Silverstein's books.

Read more

I grew up reading Enid Blyton's The Faraway Tree collection and would love to introduce that to the kids. It's such a magical place (in my young mind) with the Enchanted Woods and interesting adventures with Moonface, Saucepan Man and Silky etc. I have a vivid imagination, and combined with the good writing, reading this series was like being transported to another place. As I grow up, the Harry Potter series is another of my all-time favourite.

Read more

It has to be Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic series! Especially 'Shopaholic and Baby' and 'Mini Shopaholic' which spins the tale of Becky (the main character) getting pregnant and the challenges of raising a child amidst much laughter.

As a kid, mine was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. The imagery was so rich and the narrative was tons of fun. The Giving Tree also holds a special place in my heart as it teaches about love in such a simple yet powerful story.

The Beautiful and the Damned by F Scott Fitzgerald. It's opulent, extravagant, depressing and human all at once. Think The Great Gatsby but more intense. https://www.nytimes.com/books/00/12/24/specials/fitzgerald-damned.html

I like the secret dreamworld of the shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella.. It was fun book for me. http://www.sophiekinsella.co.uk/book_detail.php?b=The_Secret_Dreamworld_of_a_Shopaholic

As a mummy, my fav book definitely has to be 7 Habits of Happy Kids! It's a real easy read to let my kid appreciate n comprehend all 7 habits. Of course, Apply them as well...from young!

the shopaholic series. the main character has a baby girl and its really fun to read about how she deals with daily activities & work while taking care of her daughter.

VIP Member

Alice in the wonderland, the one with jumping page. Like, if you want Alice to go to tea party jump to page 78, if dont, jump to page 80. That is soo fun!

I love reading the book title " Tuesday with Morrie" by Mitch Albom. A true and inspiring story that I kept reading over and over again.