spending pregnancy alone

what do you think about spending your pregnancy journey alone. me and my husband dont stay together and he only comes over during the weekend and back home during weekday as his house is nearer to his workplace. and i dont see myself moving into his house as there is no space and he share the room with his grandma. what should i do?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Although my hubby and I staying together but his work are those super long hours and I went through e whole 39 weeks mostly alone (but he did accompanied for all check-up, except once he can’t go due to covid). Tbh, it wasn’t easy as I had complications. But luckily I keep myself busy at work so at least I don’t feel so lonely and think too much. But still feeling so scared last few weeks so e braxton hicks really frightened me a lot (he was away 2 days).. If it is possible for him, it would be better for him to stay with you after baby born. Cos it wasn’t easy to look after a baby alone! Cheer up Mummy-to-be! You can do it and stay strong!

Read more

My partner (we’re not married) lives in Clementi and I live in Tampines. He comes with me to every appt and we take turns to stay at each other’s over the weekends. Sometimes he comes to stay at mine during the week too, to keep me company even though his workplace is at Buona Vista. I’m ok being alone at home (I WFH) most of the time, but we says he will come live with me when I’m starting to show and will start needing help around the house. I feel bad cos it’s so far away from his workplace, but he’s been a real angel, bless him. He orders food and groceries for me at the moment and is always checking in.

Read more

I'm in a similar situation. Husband stays woodlands I stay in tampines since my workplace is at kaki bukit In laws kept asking me to change job, to somewhere near woodlands, get house near woodlands. But as you know, if I leave to a new company now, I won't be entitled to Maternity leave. So far, husband has been meeting me only once a week, depending on his schedules. And because of this, it's tougher for him to understand the hardships of pregnancy, and to really get involved in the process. I totally understand how you felt, here to get some advice too 😂

Read more

Nobody can advise you anything. My hubby was not around thru out my pregnancy as he has overseas posting. I still survived. Jiayou.

it will be good to plan your living arrangements for when baby is out too? jiayou!!

2y ago

I feel you.. my husband just flew overseas to pursue his studies 2 weeks back. Currently staying with my parents so they've taken over caregiving duties for me. my MS has been very bad so I need a lot of care. It's hard but not impossible... we video call a lot and chat on WhatsApp constantly. Need to make things work. We can do this!!