What are the telltale signs your kid needs glasses? I wear high prescription glasses and I'm wondering whether my kids will have poor eyesight like I do.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Several signs can indicate that your child may need glasses: Squinting: If your child frequently squints while reading, watching TV, or looking at distant objects, it may suggest a vision problem. Frequent Headaches: Frequent headaches, especially after reading or other close-up activities, can be a sign of eye strain and the need for glasses. Holding Objects Close: If your child consistently holds books, screens, or objects unusually close to their face, it could indicate difficulty seeing clearly at a distance. Excessive Blinking or Rubbing: Constantly rubbing or blinking their eyes may signal eye discomfort and vision issues. Avoiding Reading or Close-up Tasks: If your child avoids reading or close-up activities, it might be due to difficulty focusing on the material. Poor Academic Performance: Struggling in school, particularly with reading or writing tasks, could be linked to uncorrected vision problems. Sensitivity to Light: Increased sensitivity to light or excessive tearing of the eyes may be a sign of vision issues. Family History: If you have a family history of poor eyesight, there's a higher likelihood that your children may also experience vision problems. You can consider buying kids' glasses from https://www.safetyeyeglasses.com/. A brand known for its unique and high-quality eyewear that provides wonderful vision solutions.

Read more
VIP Member

constantly squinting their eyes when looking at things from a distance. Secondly you can also bring your kid for eye checks. i am equally concern too as recently my elder been rubbing his eyes a lot. i wonder if its tired OR its dry

Read more

I would say squinting of eyes or constantly seeing things at a very close space (get a book for example, if they bring the book close to their face, it could mean that they are unable to see well)