What is the most polite way to tell someone that they have bad breath without being too offensive?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

When it's one from my immediate family or it's my hubby then I'll frankly tell him he has one. We don't have to go around the bush - it's more important that they know than to hear other people complain about it. And that's how I'd also like them to approach me if I have (wait I'm checking now. LOL) Yea I think it depends on the proximity of that person to you - if she's a very close friend then the truth would come out from you easily and you know that you only mean helping her and she should not be offended. Nevertheless I agree with the suggestions above ;)

Read more

I would offer mint as well or suggest getting some water to drink. Making these suggestions or offering the mint to everyone will make it more subtle. If the other party declines those options, I would simply keep my distance (if they are just acquaintances). If said party is my close friend, I will just let him/her know that it's better to take the mint/buy some drinks. ;)

Read more

I used to share my concoction of cold water, lemon and mint leaves with an ex colleague with bad breath after meal times. I fibbed and said that it's good to drink such detoxifying drinks after such a heavy meal

try offering sweets to that person & have one yourself. at least it doesnt looks awkward.