What is the right age to introduce wheat into a child's diet?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Between seven and nine months seemed the be the age range where most parents introduce wheat products to their babies. My friend started giving her boy wheat toast when he was eight months old. Prior to that, she gave him rice and oat cereal and had no reaction to those. Thankfully, her boy did not display any allergic reactions to any of the gluten products. Just for your information, here are some symptoms of wheat allergy that you may want to keep a lookout for when introducing wheat to your baby: - hives - eczema - vomiting, indigestion, gas, diarrhea and bloating - wheezing, nasal congestion, runny nose

Read more

My son is almost 7 months old and I gave my son toasted bread and spread some pureed fruits like apple, blueberries and most recently dragon fruit and he loves it. I don't have any family history of anyone having allergic reactions to wheat so that was the reason why I gave him at 6+ months. Otherwise, if you have family members who are allergic, you can wait until your baby is 12 months old onwards instead. http://babyparenting.about.com/od/startingsolids/f/startingwheat.htm

Read more

You can start wheat post 8months, my cousin started giving her child roti when she was 8months old. And unless you our your husband have any allergies for wheat or gluten, there shouldn't be any problems.

thanks