What is the best age to introduce non-veg to my baby? And how should I give it to him? He is 7mo right now.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mom, I started my babies on non-veg from the time they were 7 months old, but gave eggs once they turned 8 months, as it can sometimes lead to allergies. You can introduce chicken as a broth, light clear soup, and also add the soup for cooking rice and khichdi. Once your baby gets used to the taste, you can start giving boiled and mashed meat, and mix it with boiled potatoes or other veggies such as carrots, beets and such to add more health and taste. You can introduce fish the same way, but be very careful in both cases, as you have to remove all bones with your fingers first. Make sure it is all cooked thoroughly and is very soft. Once you start eggs, go for soft-boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, omelettes and even toast covered in egg batter (once your baby starts eating bread).

Read more

Hi, you can give your baby -- eggs, chicken, fish and meat from when he's six months old. - For eggs, you can scramble, poach, boil or fry eggs for your baby, or share an omelette with him. See what your baby likes best. The important thing is to make sure that the egg is thoroughly cooked until both the yolk and white are solid. - You can give him puréed or blended meat, fish or chicken. Be sure to cook the food thoroughly and remove bones. - Also you can give him chicken soup, meat soup. Hope it helps!

Read more

You can begin with non-veg clear soups made at home after the age of 6 months. See, how your kid responds to the taste and if it's suiting her. Then in soup itself you can put tiny soft chunks of the meat as well. I introduced my baby to the meat in similar fashion. http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/meats.htm http://www.webmd.com/parenting/baby/baby-food-nutrition-9/baby-food-timeline

Read more

I started giving my daughter egg/chicken when she was 7 mo. Whatever you give him, make sure the meat is mashed really well — test it by pressing it with your thumb and index finger. Without teeth, young kids are at a risk of getting choked, hence it's not recommended to give them big pieces.