At what age can I introduce nuts to my kids diet?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

According to the article that I've linked up, the age to introduce would also depend on your family history. 12 months onwards if there is no history of nuts allergy in the family. Between 24 to 36 months if there is history in the family of someone having an allergy. As Idza mentioned, there is a risk of chocking if you give your baby nuts as a whole and they are hard so I would suggest giving small amounts of crushed nuts to see if you are introducing nuts to your child to prevent any risk of choking. http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/when-can-baby-have-nuts.htm

Read more

There are two things to consider before introducing nuts to children, 1) nut allergy and 2) choking hazard Try not to introduce nuts too early because of nut allergies that could potentially appear. That being said, delaying the introduction of nuts does not prevent allergies. But there are other things to consider like choking. Therefore, avoid giving children below 36 months whole nuts or huge chunks of peanut butter as these pose choking hazards.

Read more

I would like to introduce my daughter to nuts as soon as 12 months old or when she has enough teeth to manage them. I have no history of allergy in my family. The reason for doing so is the nutritional value of nuts and they're easily filling as a snack.

Post reply image

thanks