What is the best way to cut the baby's nails? Nail scissors or nail clippers? I am just worried that I might snip off some of the skin off my baby's teeny tiny fingers...so she still has not had her nails cut.

137 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Neither of the two. I know it is a nerve wrecking situation but you need to do it. 🙂🙂 You can do it momma!

Tried nail trimmer and nail clippers and both aren’t great.. will definitely try nail scissors based on the recommendations.

i used mittens until my Baby is one month HAHA so to be safe I would never cut it until my instinct as a mother kicks in🤣

Electric baby nail filer. Paid 15$ for my daughters on Amazon and it came with attachments for baby/toddler & for Adult nails too!

4y ago

I bought nail scissor and useless. Electric baby nail filer I highly recommend👍

Baby nail cutters available for new born babies. After bath you can it or when baby sleeps you can do it it is very safe

nail scissors if she's awake nail clipper if she's sleeping peacefully and nail trimmer for polish avoid sharp edges

VIP Member

Baby nail trimmer. I think it is the saftiest way and easiest to cut or trim their nails.

Post reply image
4y ago

it didn't work cause it took such a long time

scissors !!! clippers made me scared I was going to cut off skin or worse a finger tip. scissors are much easier

Nail clipper and nail trimmer. Press baby skin finger down before clipping them so you don’t get their skin