What do you do if your toddler doesn't want to drink water?

43 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can make juice for him. Make smoothie or fruit slush for him. Also wit kids when we make it a point that hey should do a particular thing, they simply do not want to that thing. So I suggest do not show your kid what you want out of him and he will drink water without any effort being put. Make him run around, play with him. When he will get tired he will himself ask for water. Try getting a new water bottle for him. Perhaps of his choice. Carry bottle to the park. Seeing other kids having a water break your kid too will want go have it.

Read more

how old is your toddler? There are some parents who introduce plain water only after age 1, some mixed with gripe water to remove colic, or add more water to dilute the milk a little [since some formula milk is more heaty for the child]. As kids love to imitate adults' actions, you can drink water in front of them, and encourage them to drink with you. All the best!

Read more

I put the plain water into kfc or mcds cup and close it . Some people tell me I'm lying cheating my kids that I can't parent that way. But who cares janji dia minum 😂 everyone has their own ways. They can have their opinion in the end we decide.

Be patient they will. This is only a phase.you can try adding habit of color or ice, (crushed) in a TINY bit of flavor your choice ,must be barely noticeable. make it look cool or sound neat

Use his/her spoon to feed her with water even if he/she cries continue to feed him with the water until you are satisfied with the quantity of water.

I used dropper to let my son drink more water when he was a bit younger as he really refused to drink. He would just sip a little and that's it.

I mix orange flavour glucose and tell him that it's juice he takes it... or give him jaggery after that he'll feel more thirsty to have water

Keep trying, sometimes with rewards and sometimes changing to a new water bottle or drinking from cup helps as it is new to them

maybe promise your toddler a little flavoured water/juice if they drink plain water first? might help... good luck!

Offer water frequently.. Sometimes i use syringe to feed her water when she refuse to drink from cup/bottle

4y ago

Me too..he is just 5 months go to 6 months