What to do if lo dislike to chew food? She lazy and prefer soft watery food that swollow .. She is 13 month old

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy, So your little one knows how to chew but simply prefer not to? 13 months is still considered quite young and many of my friends find their children still not chewing their food at that point. So for most, they are still feeding soft food like purees and porridge before introducing the "harder" ones that require more chewing to avoid indigestion.

Read more
8y ago

hmm.. perhaps for now, you can still give her soft food that does not require much chewing to avoid indigestion. Then try more "lumpy" food that require some chewing in a few weeks time.

Maybe she is daunted by the task of chewing food because she's too used to soft watery food? A friend of mine got one of those mesh feeders to train her child how to chew. And since it's such a novelty, baby found it fun to chew on the mesh feeder filled with fruits. Gradually, she took it away and baby has no problems chewing.

Read more
Post reply image
8y ago

Hmmm what can I put inside

Super Mum

Quite normal at that age. Each child has some textures of food that they prefer over others. As long as she’s eating well, that’s good enough where nutrition is concerned. Slowly expose her to more textures and flavours over the next 5 months, as this is the period of time in which she’ll be more receptive:)

Read more

As long as sufficient nutrients I don’t find it a big problem. Come some point they are gonna enjoy chewing food more than watery ones

TapFluencer

I just gradually introduced solid food to chew but chopped them really thinly and small to encourage easier chewing

VIP Member

U just give him soft food later on he learn slowly don’t force him .. let him njoy on his own way