Can you drink coke in pregnancy?

36 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes you can but limitation is always the best. On my two pregnancies I never drank soda even before I got pregnant. Just water. but now on my 3rd pregnancy, suddenly craving for it.. so once a month I will drink some. Only one can a month. or twice will be the maximum. The sugar content bothers me and just feel bloated that's all. but of course you can drink coke just depend on you and how your body reacts.

Read more

I sure hope so -- I do love my iced cola drinks (although I only take cola light these days). I suppose in moderation it will be okay, especially due to the caffeine content. Pregnant women should limit caffeine intake to less than 200 mg per day. This is equivalent to about one 12 oz cup of coffee. There's about 29-32mg of caffeine in one can of Coke/Coke Light.

Read more

Drink anything you want. They say 200mg limit of caffeine but my mom said I can drink as much as I want. Back in the day she did and me and my siblings turned out fine. I do limit myself though, so you can always follow the 200mg rule if you're concerned

I'm not a coke lover, but during my pregnancy,in my 3rd trimester I really needed coke and ice. Drank it at least once a week. Coke has caffeine, so the best advice is not to drink too much. If you can avoid, even better.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-663)

Can but need to limit it amount as it also contains caffeine which is not good for pregnancy. Also it contains phosphoric acid which can causes calcium to leach from ur bones.

Coke not only has caffeine it's acidic enough to wash your toilet bowl of stubborn stains. I try to avoid even when I'm not pregnant. The sugar level is also very high.

Post reply image
VIP Member

It’s fine to drink coke once a while to satisfy craving but limit to one cup due to its caffeine content as it will affect baby absorption of nutrients from ur diet.

VIP Member

The weather has been so warm and humid, I did had a few cans of Coke light or Diet Coke during the pregnancy. Now I chose 100 plus or coconut water at week 32

I stopped drinking coke but when I crave it just put water in it it'll still be good. Also heard that it drowns the baby because of all the gas in it.