What bold statement do you make as a mom? Answer this question for a chance to win a Thomas Sabo charm bracelet worth Php15,000++! The answer with the highest number of Upvotes by 13 May 2017, 11:59PM wins! For contest details, visit the Giveaway tab on the homepage. (*For PH residents only)

Post image
107 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

I had an awful experience with my daughther's classmate's mother about 2 years ago. This mother texted my then 9 year old daughter telling her hurtful words for she thought that her daughter was accused of stealing my daughter's money. She thought that my mobile number was my daughter's since she often used it to connect with her classmates (thanks Godness). After receiving and reading all the unpleasant messages pertaining to my daughter, I was soooo furious and my initial reaction was to confront her. But since I am a teacher and my daughter who was so afraid figuring out what was happening, I calm myself and replied her: Good evening. This is _______'s mother and I read all your messages. I'll see you at school on Monday. Thank you very much. She then texted me for several times and for the last time, I texted her with the same message. When we finally met at my daughter's school, she smiled to me but I didnt smiled back. What's the point? I found her act so offensive that I thought of accusing her of RA 9262 Anti Violence Against Women and their Children Act, because she bullied (cyber bullying) my child. I told her that: WITH MY PERSONALITY AND WITH WHAT YOU' VE DONE TO MY DAUGHTER, I REALLY WANT TO HURT YOU PHYSICALLY, RIGHT NOW, RIGHT AWAY WHEN I READ ALL YOUR MESSAGES, DO YOU KNOW THAT? BUT SINCE I AM NOT SETTING A GOOD EXAMPLE TO MY CHILD, I WON'T DO IT. I talked to her in a very diplomatic manner all throughout the meeting but with a straight face (sending her the message that she was soooo wrong, attacking a 9 year old girl). I also told her about the protocol and that no matter how hurt she got next time, she should have investigated first and never jumped into conclusion.

Magbasa pa

I AM CURRENTLY FOURTH YEAR STUDENT IN COLLEGE, CONTINUING MY STUDY TOGETHER WITH MY BABY IN MY WOMB. THERE'S A LOT OF TRIALS SUCH AS I'M ALWAYS RIDING IN A TRICYCLE, A KIND OF TRANSPORTATION, JUST TO ENTER IN SCHOOL AND ITS HARD FOR ME EVERYDAY TO TRAVEL BECAUSE THE WHEELS IS ONLY 3, SO WHEN HAVING A ROCK IN THE ROAD IT MAKES ME JUMP WHILE I'M SETTIN EVEN I TOLD TO DRIVER THAT BE CAREFUL BECAUSE IM PREGNANT. AND IM LIVING IN A PROVINCE SO THE ROAD IS NOT PROPERLY FIX, I FELT LIKE IM A CARELESS PERSON BUT I KNOW DEEP IN MY HEART THAT I LOVE SO MUCH MY BABY AND I'M JUST DOING THIS SITUATION BECAUSE OF HER. ANOTHER IS THE POLLUTION IS EVERYWHERE!, THE ENVIRONMENT WAS REALLY BAD FOR ME. :( INSTEAD OF RESTING MY SELF I'D STILL CHOOSEN TO STUDY AND THE STRUGGLES ARE I'M ALWAYS PEEING ANYTIME AND THE BATHROOM THAT WAS FAR FROM MY STUDY ROOM. I CAN'T FOCUS TO MY STUDY BECAUSE I HAVE 6 SUBJECT TO FINISH IT LIKE DEMO TEACHING AND THESIS! ITS REALLY REALLY HARD FOR ME TO DO THE THINGS AT ONE TIME. THERE'S A TIME THAT I WANT TO SLEEP, IM ALWAYS FEELING TIRED, THIRSTING, WALKING SO FAR, SWEATING AND MANY MORE BUT HERE I AM, I AM STILL FIGHTING FOR MY FUTURE, MY BABY AND MY FAMILY. "PREGNANCY IS NOT EASY! ALL OF THIS HAPPENED TO ME IS NAKAYA KO! SO THAT BREASTFEEDING IN A PUBLIC PA KAYA? I DON'T EVEN CARE KONG WALANG COVER THIS IS ALL FOR MY BABY NOT FOR THEM" MY CARE IS FOR MY BABY NOT TO THOSE PEOPLE WHO SORROUND TO JUDGE ME, THIS IS MY LIFE I'D CHOOSE. #GODBLESS #MYPREGGYJOURNEY #HOPEYOUNOTICEME #THANKYOUGOD

Magbasa pa
VIP Member

We are superwoMOM. We stay at home to take care of our LO's/kids, to breastfeed and also to take care of our husband. We carry our LO for 9 months, give birth to them and cherish and take care of them our whole life. Being a MOM and a wife at the same time makes us a superwoMOM. Nobody can do that except us, Mothers and Wives. We become stronger for them, we dont care how what people say about us. Nowadays, breastfeeding in public without a cover becomes a big deal to other people. But they don't even think that the problem is not u who breastfeed, but them who is looking. With homeschooling people might thing that your taking away your child from society, but as a mom, i think that we should always understands what a mother wants for her child. She will not choose homeschooling without thinking whats best for her child. She chose that because thats what she thinks the best for her child. Stay at home moms sacrifice their own careers to take care of the family, so whats bad with that ? Lets dont judge them. We dont know how they feel sacrificing their careers that they strive so hard for many years. I hope people starts supporting each other instead of judging or saying anything that is not right for them. Just Love. Godbless fellow mommies πŸ’žπŸ˜˜

Magbasa pa
VIP Member

nagkababy ako at the age of 17.. kaso nagig angel na because of sepsis.. yes namatay ang first child ko, sobrang depress, nakakabaliw.. ang sama kong ina. yan ang tingin ko sa sarili ko pero year past by, nagkababy ulet ako sbe ko pa sa sarili ko i do what's the best for my child , and i'll be the good one from him .. i breastfeed him in the public place without using cover knowing na may mga taong judgemental titingnan ka ng msama khit wala ka namang gngwang masama.. kundi ang padedehin ang anak mong gutom na , and i quit my job to take care of my baby.. gusto ko kasi na ako mismo makakita sa dlwa kong mga mata kung ano ano mga ngiging development or improvement nya sa pagiging sanggol.. minsan lang maging baby ang anak ko, kaya sinusulit ko na ang lahat ng bonding namen mag-ina.. dati akala ko hindi ko magagawang maging isang magulang. pero nagkamali pa ako.. kaya ko pala kahit walang kahit na anong tulong na natatanggap sa mga kamag anakan nmen.. kasi diba ang isang magulang gagawin ang lahat para sa anak.. mapapagod man pero hindi susuko, iiyak man pero punas sabay sabeng kaya ko to.. ganyan tayong mga nanay at tatay.. lahat gagawin para sa anak.. unconditional love talaga kung matatawag ito :) #proudpadedemom here..

Magbasa pa

I quit my job to become a SAHM. Why? Nung una sa totoo lang, medyo sabik akong balikan yung work na iniwan ko because, I have promise sa boss ko na Mag leleave lang ako ng 2 1/2 months then back to work. Sa 1 month na yon, naghanap kame ng mama ko sa "relatives only" na pwedeng mag alaga sa baby ko. Then eto na, dumating na yung time ng back to work ko. Pero nabigo ako na makahanap pa. Then nag final decision na ako na di na ako muna ako magtatrabaho πŸ™‚ Good thing is si hubby may work naman. Then, nung nag decision na ko sa sarili ko Ang saya ko pa diko alam yung pakiramdam ko . Then now 6 mons old na ang lo ko every day lage akong excited syang alagaan excited akong paliguan sya, excited akong maghanda ng food nya , parang kang na inlove ulet alam nyo yun? You know what i'm saying πŸ˜πŸ’• Sa edad kong 18 yrs old turning 19 this coming November. Maaga man nagkaroon ng anak , sobra sobrang ligaya naman ang kapalet πŸ€—πŸ˜­β£πŸ’• And Oopps! Sorry! I'm breastfeeding mom btw. Mapa public or private man!(w/o cover) 😊 wala kong dapat ikahiya dun! Natural lang na ang mga baby eh, anytime magugutom sila . Wala silang pinipiling lugar, mas wala din akong pinipiling lugar 🀣 GodBless us All! πŸ₯°

Magbasa pa

Isa akong scoliosis survivor. Na paralyze ako at hanggang ngayun di pa ako maka lakad ng maayos. Nagkaroon ako ng long time boyfriend (6years) at nag bunga ang pagmamahalan namin. akala ko noon na di ako pwedeng mag buntis hanggang sa nalaman namin na buntis na pala ako, at di namin alam kung ano ang mangyayari sa akin kung lalaki ang tyan ko. nung 2 to 4 months pa yung tiyan ko nagkaroon ako ng subchorrionic hemorrhage at nawala namn nung nag 5months na tiyan ko. kinaya ko lahat kahit hirap sa paglalakad, at masakit sa likod, wag lang mawala ang baby ko. whole spine ko ang may titanium rod na naka screw sa spine ko. At salamat sa dyos, nairaos ko ang pag bubuntis at pag aalaga ng anak ko na parang walang kapansanan. I have a very happy and healthy baby girl, at 4months old na sya ngayon. Kahit 8kg na sya, kinakaya ko parin kahit minsan masakit na sa katawan. walang impossible sa taong marunong mag dasal at sa inang nagmamahal ❀

Magbasa pa

Being a single Mom is harder than I thought. I struggle to manage my time and energy in working hard to provide for the needs of my daughter and, at the same time, be there to nurture and care for her at home. I love my daughter with every fiber of my being. At the end of the day, all the hardships and sacrifices are all worth it when I see her and when I am with her. Our life may be tough and we may not have the perfect family, but I wouldn't trade our life together for anything else in the world. I am a single MOM and I am proud.

Magbasa pa
7y ago

πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“

single mom. its challenging but it's worth it. looking at your little bundle of joy and say, what did I do to deserve someone so beautiful like you. Everyday you will ask yourself, 'kaya ko pa ba?', tapos maiiyak ka n lng, then hihinga ka ng malalim, tapos titignan mo siya, she will smile at you, then tell yourself, siyempre kayang kaya ko para sayo. It will not be easy but it will all be worth it. My daughter is my greatest blessing. Yes, she came unexpectedly, but NO REGRETS! I love her so much, she made me realize how strong I am. She brought out the Superwoman in me. I will always be here for her no matter what and will do everything to give her a good life she deserves. We will both embrace this journey baby, God is always with us. I love you.

Magbasa pa

I will slap them w/ words those people na sinasabi "mag ayos ka ng sarili, e bottle mo nalang si baby kakahiya sa public,anak mo mΓ puti bat ikaw maitim?." Mag-ayos sa sarili: I really wanted to pero minsan nakakapagod na yong pag aayos ko ng sarili e relax ko nalang para di ako ma HB noh Breastfeed in public,nakakahiya: My friend told me na yong asawa nya ayaw ipa dede anak nya kasi di daw sya aeta modern world na daw ngayon.E X CU S E M E ! kung di na nauso ang. bottle saan kaya sya pinapakain ng mama nya.Shame on Him.Kaya to those people na OA when it comes to breastfeeding SHAME ON YOU! Maputi anak mo: Mas malakas genes ng papa nya pero kamukha ko naman.My white version. I want to be a full time QUEEN MOTHERπŸ‘‘

Magbasa pa

I am a superwoman, i carry my 5 y.o daughter with my month-old lo everytime they cried at d same time,ang hirap magbalanse ng attention,ung 2nd born q ka which is 5y.o now mxadong selosa kaya kailangan equal cla ng attention. i've learned also multi-tasking like washing clothes while cooking and breast feeding...marami taung madidiscover na mga kaya nating gawin ng sabay once na nanay ka na at my time pa na pagod kn pero di pwde magpahinga kc my iiyak d2,nagugutom dun kaya kailangan mo pagsilbihan cla ng sabay,but its all worthy lalo na pag sinabihan k ng anak mo ng,thank u mommy,iloveu..wala n lahat ng pagod mo

Magbasa pa