Reading to your child

At what age did you stop reading to your child at bedtime? #reading

Reading to your child
27 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I've been doing it since day 1. And I don't want to stop. I enjoy each and every moment of it. Maybe I'll stop when they start making noise. Ahaha

My boys are 5 and we have been reading to each other since they were a few months old. It's fun and I don't think we will ever stop this routine

VIP Member

It is up to you when you want to stop reading. once they reading on their own. actually I miss that bonding time with my elder one.

My boy is 7 now but we still read him a book. At times, he reads to us. But we will continue to have bedtime story every night.

We normally let our 5YO read by himself. But he still prefer us reading to him. So he just tags along when we read to my 3YO.

Why would you want to stop? Useless mother. So quick to try and stop doing all the bonding things so fast. Selfish cow

4y ago

What’s wrong with you? Why do u have to bully this mum?

I do continue reading with my boy is 7 year old, but in fun way each of us read 1 pages till end of the story's book.

At the age of 5 when the bedtime stories were replaced by school stories my daughter like to share..

I stop when he is in primay school. I think this is the time he read to me, I can know he learning and speech.

I let my 7 year old son read to his 3 year old sister! Both benefits from this and I can rest!