Going out with baby

At what age did you start bringing ur LO out, like to the malls, park etc?

61 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think most important is whether are the parents are comfortable to bring the baby & kids to the mall or parks etc. Firstly you need to do some planning and packing the Diaper bag before going out. Also each children behave differently when they are outside or at home. How you can cope with that etc. I will encourage to go out more often so that the kids can have more space to explore and run around. Enjoy ☺

Read more

I enjoy bringing my baby out after confinement month. Mummy gets to run errands and baby gets used to different environment and noises. You can start by going to nearby places. Before venturing further/longer. A tip: please bring an extra top for yourself in case of emergency. Do go to the restroom before you leave the house.

Read more

When he was weeks old, we used to go anywhere with the car of course. But we always stayed up late like until 1am. We've been doing that since then and we've never had any problems so far. Same with my youngest, we're out almost anytime of the day, even wee hours if we feel like eating in the middle of the night. :)

Read more
8y ago

Glad I'm not the only one!

I only brought my baby out after confinement to run basic errands. Thereafter, if I need to bring both my older son and baby out, I only bring him out to less crowded area. Babies below 1 year old, immune system are not so strong, hence, I try to avoid crowded or indoor playground for Lo.

i took my babies to the park around the time they were 3 months old. however, i was not very interested in taking them to the mall, or any other crowded place. we didn't take them to the mall till they were 5 or 6 months old

VIP Member

I started bringing my LO out after 2mths to nearby places like the park, downstairs or in-law place. When I more confident then I brought him to malls or further places. Thus really depends on your comfort level.

I brought my baby out after confinement (1 month). slowly you will get use to bringing baby out and will be more confident.. Now my LO is 3mo and I bring him everywhere using stroller or baby carrier.

I started taking them out from the first month itself. I never believed in any rituals or was not paranoid that the child might catch infection. Of course initially it was for shorter periods.

At three months, we brought the baby with us to go to church. After that, we get to bring him with us wherever we go. Of course, we need to consider not going to over crowded places.

I brought her out when she was 2 weeks old! Just not to crowded places, I personally feel that the condition of the surroundings is important! You and baby wouldn't feel as stressed