Induce at 37weeks. First-time.

Currently at 35 weeks and next appointment at 37 weeks, in 2 weeks time. Doctor suggest to induce at 37 weeks if baby growth is not improving. Current baby weight is at 2kg. Doctor asked to be prepared. But if improving then no need induce just continue till edd. Btw 35weeks baby weight at 2kg. 31weeks baby weight at 1.6kg. 28weeks baby weight at 950g. Anyone care to share how does induce works? Is it painful?(coz doctor said its by tablet) How long after induce will deliver? Will i need to stay hospital if induce or can go home first? First time going to be induce and had no idea what will be going thru.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

My case, baby was 2.2KG at week 36, came out at 2.6KG at week 40d3. Inducing hurts because the contractions are more intense and painful as compared to natural contractions (dk what is it called). Ok but anyway I was induced due to low fluid and I would say my entire delivery process was not painful after I started hugging the laughing gas. Whatever is it, just hug the laughing gas when you feel that the contractions is too much for you to handle then request epidural if you want. It depends on individual. 1 tablet is 6 hours, maximum 3 tablets given if still not dilated, Csect. My entire process from inducing to labour took 6 hours. You can enjoy your day then admit yourself at the given timing by your gynae. In my case, I was asked to admit at 11pm. 😃

Read more