Baby movements

Hi all! I am cureently 22 weeks and this is my 5th pregnancy. Im currently abit more concerned on this pregnancy as up till now I have not felt any baby movements yet. Is this normal? My previous scan at 20 weeks, doctor did say that everything was fine but was consult for low baby weight. All my other baby births weight were 3.3kg and above so they did mention that this baby was smaller. I still feel that its still early to say baby is small at 20 weeks so I just brushed it off but my main concern is why cant I still feel any baby movements up till now?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I only started to feel by baby kicks around 2nd trimester which was maybe around 21weeks? And now im at 28 weeks 4 days my baby kicks are really strong even tho his weight is just 792g when his alrdy supposed to be 1kg+ but my baby is healthy is just my liver function is not that good so i took blood test to know more as i hav been put in the stork centre in KKH to get more treatments the nurse and doctors are really nice and understanding

Read more

It depends on the position of your placenta also. Mine is an anterior placenta. Meaning the placenta is between your baby and your stomach. So if you have an anterior placenta, you may not feel anything yet. I can’t really feel mine either and I am at 21 weeks now. You may feel it later with an anterior placenta because your baby kicks are cushioned by the placenta.

Read more

My fetus was considered small from the start till the 2nd trimester. But somehow in the third trimester, she gradually becomes bigger. No GD tho so it's really surprising for us. She came out at 3.8kg at birth. So don't worry, perhaps u may want to alter ur diet? Also the position of ur placenta may affect how easy for u to feel baby's kicks.

Read more
3mo ago

ok i'll take note, thank you for sharing 😊

Have you checked with your gynae what’s your placenta position becoz sumtimes placenta positions could affect the kicks of the baby , mine is posterior which is normal if you are worried you may ask your gynae and tell them your concerns mummy i pray that your baby is healthy and don’t stress out too much

Read more
3mo ago

will do, thank you 😊

I’m having the same issues as you doctor keep saying my baby is small as they did a growth scan for me when I was 20 weeks and now im 28 weeks 3 days they still say it’s small IUGR 3rd percentile but my baby is healthy just small in weight

3mo ago

good that baby is healthy so just curious when do u actually start feeling baby's movement or even up till now there isint any?

I had the same concern too for my 3rd pregnancy. I only felt movements at 26 weeks ish. My previous 2 i could feel as early as 17 weeks. Not sure why But my baby was also small.

3mo ago

was any concern raised by the doctors?

Maybe because baby is on the smaller side. Mine born 3.08kg, at 18 weeks or so i alr start feeling flutter or little kick. But if scan baby is fine then its ok

TapFluencer

🙏💕